Tuesday, December 6, 2011

TV Influences

So last night Felicity (2.5) and I had this conversation...

Felicity: "Santa is coming!"

Me: "Santa is a joke."

Felicity (laughing dismissively): "Santa not a joke!"

****

Me (after telling her good night): "I love you."

Felicity: "Merry Christmas!"

We do like Christmas and Felicity is super thrilled with the little bit of snow on the ground this morning. And apparently watching TV has taught her a lot about Christmas and Santa. I have no idea what we're going to do about this. I've always thought that I'd make sure my kids knew "the truth" (i.e., no one is coming down our chimney on Christmas Eve) but that exposing them to the whole Santa thing would be fine. I guess we'll see how that actually works out. I don't intend to perpetuate the myth for her, and she is just now hitting a stage in life where she pretends, but I really have no earthly clue what she's thinking. Haha. Oh well. She probably thinks Barney and Curious George are real, too...though she doesn't talk about them like she does Santa. Hmm.

No comments: