Let's see...in other news, the dishwasher is finally causing some very big issues. So I guess I'll stop using it for now. Josh mentioned calling a plumber to come next week, but we have another issue to fix that is a higher priority, so I'm not sure how that's going to turn out. It is one of the downsides to owning a home, but I think we should have enough money to figure out some sort of solution. We need to get the hardware to the whole house water fixed. And then we have a leaky bathtub faucet and then the stuff in the kitchen...I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, but it affects everything, the dishwasher, the disposal, the sink.
Our furnace is working, though, which is awfully handy. Space heaters are useful and we do keep the thermostat for the house set fairly low, but it really helps to have a whole house heater. ;-) I can't imagine trying to keep the house adequately warm just with space heaters. If it works as well as the small A/C units, I don't see that being very good. And hopefully we'll be able to replace the furnace whenever it breaks, which will probably be in the next year or two. LOL!
Some days I really wonder how to prioritize our spending. Since it's not just my decision, I don't have as much anxiety over it as if it were. LOL! The responsibility isn't all on me. But I still do wonder sometimes how you can be most effective and I guess it's like all those other annoying judgment call situations. You can't "know" for sure that you're prioritizing in the "best" way possible. You just have to make the call as best you can and live with the consequences.
No comments:
Post a Comment