Friday, December 30, 2011

That's hunger? :-P

So yesterday and today I felt absolutely terrible. I was so weak and felt strange, kind of like crying, I guess, for no reason. Felicity, too, has been incredibly grumpy. Josh asked me if I had eaten this morning and I said I had, which was true. I ate breakfast and then, while he was gone to Pizza Hut for a couple hours, I ate more food - chicken wraps. He brought home pizza and salad. I started feeling better as I ate, but boy did I have to eat a ton of food just to get to the point of feeling better. And I ate even more before I finally felt okay. That's crazy.

I guess having a one year old primarily relying on me for sustenance is more of a caloric drain than I had realized. By this evening, I was able to make hamburgers for supper. I made hamburger buns, homemade fries, homemade onion rings, etc. 'Twas yummy. And I put leftovers in the freezer to keep them fresh for later. Even if later is as soon as tomorrow, the freezer will keep them fresher.

After cleaning up from supper (I'm trying to keep my kitchen cleaned up; we'll see how long I last :-P), I made some fudge and some no-bake cookies. I want to make a whole bunch of goodies for Saturday evening. I should probably invite people to come and join me to eat them, right? :-P I know I've told my family they're welcome to come. Part of me is somewhat non-committal on inviting others, just because I don't know how clean I'll be able to get my house before then. But I guess it can't be that difficult.

I didn't get to the grocery store today (due to feeling so horrible), so I'll have to figure out a snack spread based on what I already have on hand. I think stuffed eggs might be part of it. We shall see. I'm considering making a cheese ball. I only have two blocks of cream cheese, so I have to decide for sure before I commit them to that project. LOL! I could find better uses for them, potentially. But I'm leaning towards the cheese ball just because I've never made one. If I used the cream cheese for anything else, it'd probably be icing and that's messy and unnecessary, so I'll probably just skip it. I'm thinking of making pumpkin cupcakes and cinnamon rolls, neither of which truly requires icing. The cinnamon rolls can have regular icing. The pumpkin cupcakes may not even happen, but if they do...they're perfectly fine without additional sugar on them. :-P

So yeah...those are my thoughts so far. I also have some cheese I could cube and serve. I have oranges. This could be a very orange themed evening...eggs, cheddar cheese cubes, a cheese ball, pumpkin cupcakes, and oranges. Ha. The fudge and no-bakes are brown and cinnamon rolls are brownish, too. LOL! I have been considering snowball cookies, but those are whitish. I need to work on some other colors. Not sure what, though. I can't even make lemon squares because I have no lemon juice. Pathetic, right? I can't figure out where they stock the lemon juice at Wal-Mart and lemons always cost like twice as much as limes, so I've just been using lime juice for my previous lemon juice applications (guacamole is better with lime juice anyway).

No comments: