Josh is working all day and then hosting a party at Pizza Hut for all the Pizza Hut employees who want to come (from the area). Hopefully they'll have fun. I half wish I could be there with him, but I think managing Felicity and Mary in that environment would be less than fun. And even if I had a babysitter for them, who wants to babysit on Christmas Eve? :-P So yeah...instead we'll go hang out at my parents' house with all the family and eat Mexican food. We're going to take layered dip and chips. I like Mexican food.
I have a few more presents to wrap for the girls. The last couple things came in the mail today. Amazon and eBay sellers are both quite fast. :-P I love it. Everything else is already wrapped. Josh isn't faring so well for Christmas, but I feel like I hit the jackpot. ;-) I guess it's a matter of perspective. Spending several hundred dollars on plumbing repairs is a gift for both of us, right? LOL! And we already bought a couch earlier this month as part of our gift to ourselves. So I think it will still add up to about the same as we spent our first Christmas, just on furniture and plumbing instead of on electronics.

Mostly I kept the gift-giving within very reasonable limits. We did spend a bit on the girls, but nowhere near as much as on our couch and plumbing. ;-) And one of the gifts for them is even used (a DVD player for the car since we're getting ready to take a quick road trip to see Josh's brother and sister-in-law). We got them some DVDs of their favorite shows. And of course we got them some toys and Josh got Felicity some art supplies. So nothing too exciting, but I do think they'll enjoy their presents.
Cheesecake is in the oven for Christmas. And I am conflicted about whether to make anything else. I'm kinda tired and I need to wrap gifts and get the three of us dressed for tonight. So I may just give up on my grand plans for making cinnamon rolls. I feel like a bum, but such is life sometimes. I dunno. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment