Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Today went better, I think

The girls even coordinated and took naps while I took a shower! ;-) Well, Mary was crying when I got out and seemed to have been crying a while, sadly. But hopefully that means she'll be tired enough to get to sleep soon. I figured out last night that since Josh's schedule has changed, I should probably move the girls' bedtime up quite a bit. :-P That way they can go to sleep before he gets home and I can get back to the same routine we had previously. Or something like that.

It won't be as fast as all that since moving bedtime up by a few hours takes more than one night, I think. But hopefully soon we'll be getting them to bed around 9:30 P.M. I had wondered why my days were starting to seem so incredibly, unbearably long. In the past, since my days weren't "ending" till 2-4 A.M., it always seemed later than I expected. Now when I look at the clock expecting it to be 9 in the evening, it's something like 6:30. :-P

Anyway, the key is to get naptime moved up, which means getting up earlier in the first place. It's kind of a tiring way to begin, but today was okay. The girls ate food. I ate food. I got the kitchen mostly clean. I cleaned toilets and sinks and mirrors. I got the five pound chunk of cheese out and portioned it out. Now two pounds are in the form of cheese sticks for my little cheese-loving girls. Maybe 10-12 ounces I sliced for sandwiches and such. And the rest I grated. So hopefully that lasts us a while. I think buying it pre-grated is simpler, but overall this seemed like the best deal without going to Sam's. Cheese sticks and slices are expensive and the girls do better with the cheese sticks than with shredded cheese (which just gets spread all over the place). So I go to the store pretty much prepared to spend a small fortune on dairy products. :-P And it may as well be the best deal I can get.

So yeah...yesterday, Felicity colored Josh's monitor with a crayon. Today, while I was busy grating cheese, she took part of the cheese stick I gave her and went and colored on the mirror with it. The mirror is at the end of the hallway and had been extremely dirty for weeks. I finally got it clean earlier today just in time for her to see that it needed to be redecorated, apparently. I cleaned it again and told her that time out would be the result if she colored on it again. :-P I sometimes can't tell if she understands me, but I think she repeated enough of what I said intelligently for me to believe she understood that I didn't want her coloring on the mirror (this is the same mirror that she colored on with a Sharpie not too long ago). Imagine all the world as a canvas...and all food and other items as implements. :-P LOL! It's called being two, I guess.

So yeah...now it's midnight. Felicity has been asleep for close to an hour and Mary is still awake, so I decided to put her in a stroller in the living room to watch TV instead of nursing her endlessly and dealing with the likely biting that tends to inspire as the milk vanishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I did something worse than what Felicity did...when I was older than her. I think it involved lipstick, sharpies, and a white wall...and maybe a family picture and some markers. I think mom was actually impressed with it for a while. I can't really remember. I'm sure there's a picture of it somewhere.

Pamela V.V. said...

Well, it was rather impressive, I'm sure. I think we ended up having to paint over it. It's actually kind of interesting to deal with young children's messes. You really figure out what can and cannot be fixed. :-P