Mary kindly took a nap in bed for two hours this afternoon and I decided to prioritize gift wrapping since there's pretty much no way I'd be able to do it while she's awake. :-P Now for making goodies and such...
Wednesday night, Josh was hungry when he got home from work, but neither of us could think of what to cook. So eventually Josh ordered pizza from a Pizza Hut competitor. It was yummy and all four of us sat on the couch while watching TV and eating straight out of the box. We're a family of couch potatoes! ;-) Mary seemed especially excited about getting to eat pizza. I think she was really hungry, but I saw this look in her eye that seems vaguely familiar, something along the lines of getting to do what everyone else is doing and being happy to be included.
Christmas with a two and a half year old and a one year old is so much fun! I know they'll both enjoy receiving presents. We had some shopping to do last night, so we finally went to see the lights at the town square, since Felicity is super excited about Christmas lights this year. She loved it. Mary slept through it. :-P And the square was pretty much empty. I guess I've never been there on a weekday evening the week before Christmas. Wal-Mart, too, was pretty much empty and the employees who were there stocking shelves were extremely friendly. Must be the time of the day, the week, the holiday season? LOL! It was really nice.
Yesterday, Josh gave me a pretty awesome Christmas gift and replaced our garbage disposal, so now our dishwasher runs perfectly without flooding our kitchen. It's amazing and incredibly convenient. Today, the hardware for our house water is getting replaced. And I should note that I really appreciate being married to a detail-oriented person who also plans ahead. I could give a long list of ways he shows this, but the two that stood out to me yesterday and today were...
1. The top part of the garbage disposal that forms the rim of the sink drain has writing on it and Josh made sure the writing was positioned properly instead of upside-down before making it permanent.
2. Josh also cleaned up the area of the garage around where the plumbing hardware needed to be replaced. That meant I didn't have to do that today. And that was awfully nice.
Like I said, he's good in the details and planning in other ways, but those are two notable ones from yesterday and today.
Sometimes I really feel a bit sad that I can't seem to give Josh anything like what he gives me, but I guess in the end he does get some things he wants. I mean, I'm sure with all the money he spent on his Jeep this past year, I could've bought him something pretty awesome. ;-)
Friday, December 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment