Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cleaning

I scrubbed our shower today...I have no idea how long it had been since I gave it such serious attention, but these days I barely have opportunities to shower, so cleaning the shower isn't as high of a priority sometimes. Eventually I'll get to the point of scrubbing the floor, too. After living in this house for over three years, I'm discovering that some aspects of cleaning really finally do need attention. :-P Vacuuming off the lamp shade next to our bed was one recent accomplishment. ;-)

Also, I just wiped out the microwave. And I wiped down the stove top and the hood above it. I cleaned off the counter that was overflowing with spices. After putting some of the spices in the cabinet (and they actually fit - sorta, to my surprise) and combining half used bottles of various spices, I found that my need for a spice rack is, well, not a need after all. So that's one less project to do.

Now, if I could just get and keep kid clothes all sorted. I had them all sorted into sizes and seasons and then, well, my kids got into the room where I had been sorting. :-P So I need to do it over again. Well, and in the time it has taken me to work on this project, I've actually been digging through all the clothes to find winter clothes for Mary. And I haven't put away her summer and and outgrown clothes. I won't even tell you the state of my wardrobe. Let's just say my closet looks very full, but when it comes down to what I actually wear, if I got rid of everything else, I might understand why my closet can be so full while I feel like I have nothing to wear. ;-) This whole process of having two kids and the accompanying weight gain and weight loss has led to a closet with, I dunno, a rather full range of sizes. I should at least get rid of stuff I'm sure I'll never wear...

No comments: