Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Trip Prep

That is what I should be doing. You know, things like cutting up carrots for snacks in the car, washing clothes so we'll have clean stuff to wear, and...well, that's mostly it. For some reason, I'm really behind on laundry. Between winter (which means my kids are actually wearing clothes) and all Felicity's new art supplies, it seems to pile up faster than ever.

In other and more pleasant news, Felicity is finding a bit of a groove on keeping her boredom at bay. Those aforementioned art supplies are helping so much! She colors and paints a lot now, which keeps her busy, quiet, and out of mischief. My parents even gave her some washable crayons for Christmas, though I haven't actually had her use them yet. Right now, she's just using normal crayons Josh bought her. She hasn't been coloring things other than her coloring books, amazingly.


I also made her some red, cinnamon-scented playdough right before New Year's Eve. Thanks to tammysrecipes.com for the recipe. ;-) I didn't use tea water, though; I just added cinnamon and figured that tiny brown flecks would be fine, which they are. I love the smell so much better than the normal smell of playdough! And Felicity asks for me to get it out about half a dozen times a day, I think. Josh got hundreds of dark blue paper placemats for our wedding reception, so I've been using those to help keep the playdough in one place and avoid much clean up. It's wonderful!

Also, my brother Levi gave us a Roku 2 for Christmas, which means we can keep the X-Box 360 off now and still stream from Netflix and now we can also stream from Pandora, which is awesome! Felicity loves having music. And now that she is feeling more content, she seems more willing to sit on the couch and look at books occasionally. I think the whole atmosphere at our house has changed since she got a few more things to do.

Of course, she still does run back to our bedroom to play on my computer every chance she gets (something she is not allowed to do, period). And her long trips to the bathroom for hand washing and tooth brushing are rather numerous. I wish somewhat that she would convert that into a desire to use the toilet as well, but I guess handwashing is a good habit to master prior to that? :-P Some days I think it might happen that both girls get toilet trained at the same time. But I'm just not incredibly motivated to push the issue yet, for either child.

Anyway...I should get back to this idea of trip prep, at least long enough to start another load of laundry. :-P

No comments: