I made a cheese ball for the first time! I was surprised at how easy it was. A couple blocks of cream cheese, a minced clove of garlic, half a cup of chopped green onions, some bacon bits (you're supposed to cook bacon and crumble it, but I cheated), and a couple cups of cheddar...mix it, form it, and you're done. If you want to coat it with chopped nuts, that's cool, too, but I skipped that part. :-P

And microwave fudge...also super simple. You sift together 2 pounds of powdered sugar with 1 cup of cocoa, drizzle over it half a cup of milk and place two sticks of butter on top and then microwave for six minutes (at high power). Then you whisk it up (till smooth) with a tablespoon of vanilla and pour it into a greased pan and chill it in the fridge till cool. Then you cut it up and eat it! I feel like a cheater for making such easy stuff. Haha.

And cinnamon rolls. These turned out quite nicely. I used my new Aldi mixer to make bread dough for these and the sloppy joe buns pictured lower down. No more kneading bread by hand, I think! I made these cinnamon rolls tiny for fun. I rolled out pieces of dough, spread soft butter on them, and then put a ton of a mixture of white and brown sugar and lots of cinnamon on the butter. They were yummy, with so much caramel goodness at the bottom that I decided to skip the icing.

Blonde brownies, no bake chocolate cookies, and snowball cookies/Russian tea cakes. I overbaked the brownies and the other two items were rather disappointing to me. I'm not sure why. :-P Maybe they were all just too dry, I dunno.
Stuffed eggs. I briefly considered adding bacon bits, but then I forgot. I did, however, chop some green onions up really small to put in the filling. I used mayonnaise, paprika, salt, a little bit of apple cider vinegar, and maybe some garlic powder. I don't remember. I think they turned out fairly well, but they would have been creamier with milk. (I skipped the milk for the sake of those who prefer to avoid it.)

Sloppy joe meat. Browned beef, a red onion, salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder...nothing extraordinary.

And my tiny sloppy joe buns. They turned out beautifully and were yummy (I thought, anyway, and that's what matters to me :-P). Haha.
That was my New Year's Eve spread. I put out carrots with homemade Ranch dip and also served some potato chips with onion dip, but they weren't really photo worthy. :-P
2 comments:
Mmm, that all looks so good. I decided that this year I'm going to try making a new recipe once a week. Should add a little variety and excitement to my life. ha.
That sounds like a super fun idea! If you think of it, you should post pictures and descriptions. I'd love the inspiration!
Post a Comment