When we're done, I'll take/post pictures. I considered a before picture, but that would be a tad embarrassing. I'm not quite a hoarder, but you'd never know it, I think. I'm just a horrible procrastinator. When the time comes, I can be quite ruthless. And actually that's what I'm weighing now. I have so many little things that are taking up space and I'd have to store prior to use, with no definite plan for using them. It's just these little memo-sized pads of super cute paper, that sort of thing. I mean, I could use them for little notes. :-P Right? But it's a bit difficult to do when they're buried under mounds of other junk. I can unbury, but then I'd be putting them somewhere that could better be dedicated to something more useful. I don't need more than one memo pad at a time. So I dunno.
Paring down is good; having places for things is good so we won't forget we have them (and then go to Wal-Mart and buy more of them :-P). Maybe I should start mainly with organizing and then figure out what to reduce at that point. LOL! That would make sense, I suppose. When/if I figure out that I don't need ten of everything, then I can start minimizing.
The rest of our furniture may arrive tomorrow, so if we put lots of time and effort into it, our refurnishing efforts could be mostly complete within a week, I think. Josh will be getting his new computer soon, and it's a nice one - all the specifications he was looking for to get back into design work. That makes me happy. We'd discussed a design computer last year, but for some reason the idea got tabled in the interest of more pressing projects. This year, instead of buying a second vehicle, we're just trying to improve functionality at home, make the most of what we have, etc. I say second vehicle because the Jeep hasn't worked out as one, but practically we'd be buying a third vehicle if we bought one. I'm honestly not very interested in the maintenance and insurance of a third vehicle. :shaking head: The Jeep is expensive enough. I'd like to upgrade from the Lancer at some point, but I just feel very uncomfortable with having three cars between two drivers.
And I really don't go places. Maybe in a year or two that will change. But right now having just one functional vehicle works for us. Josh has been able to get work done on the Lancer and do some stuff to repair it to the point that it is working quite reliably at the moment. Hopefully soon he can get the Jeep working adequately so he'll have a backup vehicle. It's less than ideal since I can't drive it (or, even if I could, there would be no way to take kids in it), but if for some reason he couldn't drive the Lancer, having the Jeep as a backup for him to get to work would be good. I think he said it's basically okay to drive now, just not ideally so. :shrug:
Anyway, instead of spending however many thousands on a car, we can put that kind of money towards trying to get our house paid off...that seems like better use of it at the moment. But if we have a more immediate need for a car at some point, then we can figure that out at the time. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment