Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Santa Revisited...

So I mentioned earlier on this blog how Felicity and I had some interesting conversations about Santa in which she was vehemently opposed to the idea that Santa isn't "real" (essentially). I know the myths started with a real person or persons and that there's plenty we can tell her that is cool and true and all that. I have no issue with that. But figuring out how to convince her that Barney and Curious George and Santa are make believe in terms of what she sees on TV? I just can't tell...does she really think Santa brought the presents she received for Christmas?

In any case, she's only two and a half, so I figure I can wait and see how things go. And while we were in Texas, my idea of making sure she can tell between fantasy and reality, well, it went out the window. We were eating at a Mexican restaurant and her eyes got big, her voice got quiet and she breathed out, "Santa Fause! Santa Fause!" (For some reason, she doesn't do the hard 'c' sound very well.) And, lo and behold, a rather round guy with a full white beard, twinkling eyes, and a red t-shirt was, indeed, walking past us on his way to the bathroom. :-P Hahaha. Or should I say, "Ho ho ho"? ;-) He came over to say hi to her later (and mentioned that he's in parties and such playing Santa for children) and she was just as starstruck as could be.

So, yeah...so much for convincing her that Santa isn't real. :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny...