Monday, March 5, 2012

Lately Mary likes to make it difficult to type...

Usually I can type blog entries with her in my lap, but lately she's determined to "help." Haha. So you would end up reading a very senseless string of characters, most likely.

Josh was sick these last few days, still kinda is...but functional enough to go back to work, thankfully? :-P Having him home more than usual was interesting. We usually diverge from our normal routine whenever he has a day off, but since they're usually only one at a time (and sometimes not even full days off), it's a lot different when he's home multiple days in a row. We ended up having a little pow wow on how to make that work a little better, because killing the routine doesn't work well with small children.

I finally broke down and started buying more meat and stuff to stock the freezer. So now I have a lot of food. It's nice. I'm also starting to feel like I'm finding a groove on how to keep up with stuff well enough to be able to cook almost anything on short notice and eat up leftovers and such before they spoil. It's still not perfect, but I'm learning to throw things away and freeze things before they become such a huge task I don't feel like doing it anymore. Aldi sales have been especially good lately. Avocados for $0.19 apiece, anyone? :-P I bought fifteen of them. We'll eat some fresh on salads and freeze the rest as guacamole, most likely.

Our furniture setting up is kind of at a standstill for the moment. I need to push forward with figuring out where to put things, but I'm thinking that my closets need some extra shelving so I'll have specific places to put things and not just have to stack them in a way that makes them mostly inaccessible or at the very least difficult to access. Time to shop for more organizational tools...the more we have, the easier things get.

No comments: