Saturday, March 24, 2012

So much for socializing...

:-P The girls and I went to a baby shower last night and, well, even though I had tons of people helping me, I still found dealing with two small children a bit difficult. So I guess we'll avoid the baby shower scene for a while. Or something. I don't know. I like baby showers. And I miss being able to talk to people a bit. But my babies need to learn some social skills. And it is kind of my job to teach them, so I guess that's something I should start doing.

The public library has story time on Thursday mornings, so maybe I can start taking the kids to that soon. The only concern I have is that they don't have overlapping age groups, so each of the girls only meets the criteria for one (separate) group. I don't know how that would work since I can't just ditch the other child...unless I can take them both to both, but that might not work either. I might try just doing the group for Felicity's age since Mary actually seems to do just fine socially in most environments. :-P Felicity is just...very, umm, assertive, bold, opinionated, etc. In other words, she's very much like Josh. ;-)

Today I was thinking of grocery shopping. I even considered going yesterday, but it took us all day to get dressed and out the door. And today is Saturday, which is incredibly busy for grocery stores, so I think I might prefer to wait till Monday if possible. I do need to get some stuff at Wal-Mart anyway, so I might do that regardless. I don't know. We'll see. I also need to make bread for church tomorrow (fellowship dinner Sunday) and possibly some treats for the evening service if we decide to attend the AWANA program. After last night, I'm not sure why I'd be crazy enough to have the girls out for a whole day, but if I take at least one stroller it really shouldn't be too bad.

My kitchen is fairly clean today! When I get it caught up and then don't do any major cooking, it's so much easier to keep it that way. ;-) But I do need to make some food today since I'm running out of already-prepared food in the freezer (other than things I don't think anyone really wants to eat, ha). If I want to be really motivated, I could make fried chicken pieces, meatballs, French toast, cookies (of any sort, really), and cinnamon rolls. But that's a bit ambitious for someone who takes all day simply to get dressed. So we shall see. I'm tired...but if I slack in the food department, it just makes things worse.

No comments: