Thursday, March 8, 2012

'Tis a Weird "Winter"

Lately shorts and sweatshirts or short sleeved T-shirts are perfectly appropriate attire...but today it has dropped into the thirties. This winter has been ridiculously mild. Once or twice we've had very slight sprinklings of snow, just a very few cold spells (cold meaning anything below 60, because it hasn't gotten into the teens or twenties that I can recall, or barely if so...and certainly not into the single digits), and no ice at all. I figured as fall just seemed like an extension of summer that we'd probably have a very mild winter, but it has been even milder than I anticipated.

Today is cold, though, with the promise of another day or two of cold...maybe it'll be even longer. I guess whether we get decent snow remains to be seen. I remember about twelve years ago or so we had a foot or so of snow in the middle of March. So it has happened, though this year it just seems difficult to imagine.

Let's see...last night I made pizza, mostly veggie pizza, at home. Haha. I get to eat Pizza Hut pizza fairly often, but I finally felt like making some pizza myself and I actually enjoyed it. Mary ate a piece (plain cheese), but no one else wanted any. Barnabas will stop by for a bit this evening, so I'll probably see if he'll eat some of the leftovers...because I suspect it'll be up to just Mary and me otherwise. I can freeze some of it, but I'd rather just eat it sooner. My freezers are stuffed right now. I did clean out my fridge today. Not clean clean, just removed food that needed to go in the trash. Since Josh cleaned it out not too long ago, this was super easy! And now it looks great again. My freezers are mostly in good shape as well, so it feels nice.

Now I just need to get my kitchen cleaned up. Sometimes I keep up fairly well for a short period, but then Mary decides she needs me to hold her for naps and such and the dishes start to stack up again. I need to figure out a more consistent system...

No comments: