Sunday, March 25, 2012

So I cooked last night... :-P

Yeah, for once. ;-) Josh said work was dead and so he was able to come home early (he worked an extra day this work week, so coming home early is ideal if he doesn't want to go too far over his 55 hours). Anyway, I made salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, salad with peas, bacon, cheese, and Ranch dressing (like the 7 layered salad only omitting ingredients I didn't want to eat or deal with)...and we ate some of the rolls I made. Mary loves peas, even frozen ones, apparently.

I went to church this morning and then over to my parents this afternoon. Then I decided to go grocery shopping, but the alternator is having issues again and the battery wasn't able to get the car started on its own, so after my family helped me get the car started, I just came home instead. With the warm weather, I was using the A/C...and I guess that just won't work if I want the car to start, too. ;-) Maybe I'll be able to go shopping a little later this evening, though, when A/C won't be necessary anyway. We hadn't had any trouble with the alternator for quite a while and I don't know what we're supposed to do to fix this anyway. I mean, there's the obvious option of replacing it. ;-) But for some reason I thought Josh had either done that recently or had determined that it wasn't necessary.

Oh well...we still have a decent sized amount of money set aside for repairing the car, so maybe now would be a good time to make that happen. We can't very well get around in Josh's Jeep, so unless we just want to stay at home all the time...car repairs are probably a good idea. I wish I knew more about it, but I don't wish it enough to study it. Haha. Yeah, that is kind of pathetic. What I was is that I could snap my fingers and make the car run magically...because otherwise I would have to get my hands dirty. Okay, yeah, I'm really just lazy, I admit it. Google and YouTube are just as accessible to me as they are to Josh, but he definitely seems more adept at dealing with car trouble as well as assessing whether or not he can do the repair himself versus deeming it complicated or troublesome enough to delegate to a professional.

The girls are being really good today. Felicity really loves the pumpkin cupcakes, which amazes me. I guess, now that I think about it, she likes pretty much all baked(ish) goods I make. Rolls, pancakes, muffins, waffles, French toast, French bread...I think I should be flattered, probably. She is fairly picky about what she likes, after all. Both little girls ate cheese sticks, which surprised me as well. Hunger seems to encourage eating. So obvious, I guess.

Anyway, now I need to see about cleaning my house. I actually managed to vacuum the living room after a saltine explosion yesterday. Felicity was very happily occupied while I cooked supper yesterday and, all in all, it didn't take so very long to clean up today, so I guess it was worth it...not as everyday entertainment, though. If she wants to do something fun today, it'll have to be coloring or playing with playdough. And maybe if she's really lucky I'll take them outside when it's a bit cooler out there.

No comments: