Sunday, February 5, 2012

Naptime...ever changing :-P

In the interest of getting Felicity to go to bed at a decent hour (meaning somewhere around midnight as opposed to 2 or 3 am, I've been discouraging her from napping in recent history. She usually feels like napping around 7 in the evening, but no sooner. Too late for a reasonable bedtime at that point! But if I stick her in bed for the night then, well, she sleeps 9-10 hours and would definitely be up before I'm ready. :-P

To get Mary to bed on time means eliminating the evening nap, so I've started keeping her up longer in the afternoon so she can take a nice, long afternoon nap. And it's working so well! I can't believe how easily she goes down and stays put. This may not be an everyday occurrence, but even semi-frequent is good enough for me. I can't believe how much I can get done without a young toddler getting into everything.

So yeah...although I'm losing the luxury of having both nap, I think this is working out better for us overall. And getting them to sleep on time makes for a lot less frustration as well as better-rested children.

Let's see...well, that's all for now. I should get back to housework before Mary wakes up.

No comments: